Low Cost Spay / Neuter
In 2009 we began a low cost spay and neuter program for pets whose owners live in Duplin County and have a financial need. In the last 4 years, thanks to our participating veterinarians, we have helped alter over 1600 pets.
Grants from the Albert Schweitzer Animal Welfare Fund and the North Carolina Community Foundation help fund this program.
Prevent a litter - it's good for you.
- Better, more affectionate, companions
- Males less likely to spray and mark territory
- Eliminates female heat cycle.
Prevent a litter - it's good for your pet
- Lives a longer, healthier life
- less likely to roam and fight
- Reduces the incidence of prostate cancer
- Eliminates the possibility of uterine or ovarian cancer
Prevent a litter – It's good for the community
- Communities spend millions of dollars to control and eliminate unwanted animals.
- Animal shelters are overburdened with unwanted animals.
- Less lucky animals are dumped in the community.
- Owner and pet must live in Duplin County
- Up to two pets per family/household per year (our year starts July 1st and ends June 30th of the next calendar year). Subject to the availability of funds.
- Current Rabies vaccination (NC Law)
- Some Restrictions and extra fees may apply
- $50 per pet / $25 for male cat for routine surgery
- When approved, you must schedule and complete the procedure within the 60 day expiration date.